Beautiful and exceptional Kitchens and bathrooms of New Zealand were celebrated last night at the 2020 NKBA Excellence in Design Awards. The most coveted Kitchen and Bathroom Design Awards in the country, the NKBA Excellence in Design Awards are held annually and celebrate the work of the crème de la crème of kitchen and bathroom designers and manufacturers in New Zealand. More than 100 designs were entered, and 18 designers were recognised for their work located around the country.
The 2020 NKBA Excellence in Design Award Winners are:
• Chelsey Mathieson of Vekart (Bay of Plenty)
• Angelique Armstrong of Armstrong Interiors (Canterbury)
• Hannah Withy of HM Design (Southern)
• Ingrid Geldof of Ingrid Geldof Design (Canterbury)
• Morgan Cronin of Cronin Kitchens (Auckland)
• Nicola Manning of Nicola Manning Design (Auckland)
• Melanie John of Cube Dentro (Auckland)
• Natalie Du Bois of Du Bois Designer Kitchens and Interiors (Auckland)
• Michael Murray of Kitchen Inspirations (Auckland)
• Robert Xia of Aurora Australis Interior (Auckland)
• Mal Corboy of Mal Corboy Design (Auckland)
• Gillian Flynn of Kitchen Inspirations (Auckland)
• Damian Hannah of German Kitchens (Wellington)
• Milvia Hannah of German Kitchens (Wellington)
• Trudi Rabbitte of Rabbitte Joinery (Hawke’s Bay)
• Annika Rowson of Rowson Kitchens (Taranaki)
• Brooke Cholmondeley-Smith of TAWA Architecture (Waikato)
• Craig Hooper of Cooper Webley (Top of the South)
NKBA President, Nick Thompson said all the winners should be extremely proud of their work.
“Well-designed kitchens and bathrooms are absolutely central to a functional and balanced home. Both are high use areas and require more than just a simple one-dimensional approach. A good designer creates spaces that are considered and well thought out to ensure optimal use and function. The winners of the NKBA Excellence in Design Awards do all this and more. They create beautiful, innovative, and visually appealing spaces that capture imaginations. Congratulations to all the winners,” said Nick.